How to enable 2FA for Amazon Web Services?
Install Secure ID
Secure ID enables you to have a single mobile app for all your 2FA accounts and you can sync them across multiple devices. Install Secure ID on your device by searching for it in your device’s app store .
Locate 2FA Setting in AWS
1. Login to Amazon Web Services(AWS). In the upper right corner, click on username and choose My Security Credentials from dropdown.
2. Click on Continue to Security Credentials.
3. On AWS page expand Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and click Activate MFA button.
4. A popup will get displayed to choose type of MFA device, choose Virtual MFA device and click Continue button.
5. Set up virtual MFA device screen will be displayed. Click Show QR code and QR code will be displayed.
6. Launch Secure ID app on your device. Click “+” icon displayed and scan the QR code displayed on Amazon Web Services screen .
After scanning the QR code AWS logo is displayed and six-digit security code is generated by Secure ID app.
7. On AWS screen scroll down a little and enter two consecutive six-digit codes(code changes after every 30 seconds) generated by Secure ID app. Then click Assign MFA button.
8. Finally click Close button on AWS screen.
Congratulations! Secure ID is now ready to use for Two Factor Authentication for Amazon Web Services.