How to enable 2FA for Github?
Install Secure ID
Secure ID enables you to have a single mobile app for all your 2FA accounts and you can sync them across multiple devices. Install Secure ID on your device by searching for it in your device’s app store .
Locate 2FA Setting in GitHub
1. Login to GitHub and select Account option by hovering over your username in the top right corner.
2. Click Security option displayed on left hand side.
3. Scroll down a little on Github screen and click Enable two-factor authentication button.
4. Click Set up using an app button on the next page.
5. Download, print or copy the recovery codes displayed by clicking the respective buttons.Then click Next button.
Screen with QR code will be displayed.
6. Launch Secure ID app on your device. Click “+” icon displayed and scan the QR code displayed on Github page .
After scanning the QR code Github logo is displayed and six-digit security code is generated by Secure ID app.
7. Enter the six-digitcode (generated by Secure ID) in field displayed on Github QR code page. Then click Enable button.
Finally this screen with a confirmation message is displayed.
Congratulations! Secure ID is now ready to use for Two Factor Authentication for Github.