How to enable 2FA for Gmail?
Install Secure ID
Secure ID enables you to have a single mobile app for all your 2FA accounts and you can sync them across multiple devices. Install Secure ID on your device by searching for it in your device’s app store .
Locate 2FA Setting in Gmail
1. Login to Gmail and click gear icon displayed at the top. Then click Settings option.
2. Click Accounts displayed at the top.
3. Click Google Account settings on the next screen.
4. Select Security option displayed on left hand side.
5. Click Off displayed next to Two-step Verification.
6. Click GET STARTED button displayed on the next screen.
7. Make sure you’re signed in to your Google Account on your Phone. All devices signed in to your Google Account will get prompts. Click TRY IT NOW button on the next page displayed.
Following screen will be displayed.
8. A prompt will be received on your phone. Click YES button.
9. After clicking Yes on the phone following Gmail screen appears on your system. Click USE ANOTHER BACKUP OPTION.
10. Download the Back Up Codes displayed on next screen and click NEXT button.
11. On the next screen displayed click TURN ON button.
12. Scroll down a little on the next screen and click SET UP displayed under Authenticator App
13. On the next screen a popup is displayed. Select the phone and click NEXT button.
QR code screen is displayed next.
14. Launch Secure ID app on your device. Click ‘+’ icon and scan the QR code displayed on Gmail screen.
After scanning the QR code Google logo and six-digit code will be displayed on Secure ID screen.
15. Click NEXT button after QR code is scanned.
16. On the Gmail page enter the six-digit code(generated by Secure ID) in the text field displayed. After entering the code click VERIFY button.
17. Finally click DONE button.
Congratulations! Secure ID is now ready to use for Two Factor Authentication for Gmail.