How to enable 2FA for Microsoft?
Install Secure ID
Secure ID enables you to have a single mobile app for all your 2FA accounts and you can sync them across multiple devices. Install Secure ID on your device by searching for it in your device’s app store .
Locate 2FA Setting in Microsoft
1. Login to Microsoft and click User Profile icon displayed at the top right hand side.
2. Next click My Microsoft account.
3. Now select Security option on Microsoft page. Then click Turn on under Two-step verification.
4. Verify your Identity dialog box will be displayed. Select your email address displayed and a verification code will be sent to your inbox. After entering the code click Verify button.
5. Additional Security options screen will be displayed. Click Set up two step verification on this screen.
6. Next Set up two-step verification screen is displayed. Click Next button.
7. Then select An app from the dropdown on Microsoft page.
8. After the selection click set up a different authenticator app. Now QR code screen will be displayed.
9. Launch Secure ID app on your device. Click “+” icon displayed and scan the QR code displayed on Microsoft screen .
After scanning the QR code Microsoft logo is displayed and six-digit security code is generated by Secure ID app.
10. Enter the six-digit code (generated by Secure ID) in the text box displayed below QR code on Microsoft screen and click Next button.
11. If you want to sync your Outlook.com emails on any device then click desired option else click Next button.
12. Click Finish button.
Congratulations! Secure ID is now ready to use for Two Factor Authentication for Microsoft.