How to enable 2FA for Npm?
Install Secure ID
Secure ID enables you to have a single mobile app for all your 2FA accounts and you can sync them across multiple devices. Install Secure ID on your device by searching for it in your device’s app store .
Locate 2FA Setting in Npm
1. Login to NPM and click icon displayed at top right hand side. Select the option Profile Settings.
2. Click Modify 2FA button under Two Factor Authentication.
3. Enter the password on the next screen and click Confirm password to continue button.
4. On the next screen select Authorization option and click Submit button.
QR code screen is displayed.
5. Launch Secure ID app on your device. Click “+” icon displayed and scan the QR code displayed on Npm screen.
After scanning the QR code npm logo is displayed and six-digit security code is generated by Secure ID app.
6. Enter the six-digit code(generated by Secure ID) in the field displayed below QR code on npm page and click Verify button.
7. Save the recovery codes displayed.
Congratulations! Secure ID is now ready to use for Two Factor Authentication for npm.