How to enable 2FA for Protonmail?
Install Secure ID
Secure ID enables you to have a single mobile app for all your 2FA accounts and you can sync them across multiple devices. Install Secure ID on your device by searching for it in your device’s app store .
Locate 2FA setting in Protonmail
1. Login to Protonmail and click Settings displayed at the top.
2. Click Security option displayed on left hand side. Then click ENABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION button.
3. Click NEXT button on the popup displayed.
QR code popup will be displayed.
4. Launch Secure ID app on your device. Click “+” icon displayed and scan the QR code displayed on Protonmail screen.
After scanning the QR code Protonmail logo is displayed and six-digit security code is generated by Secure ID app.
5. Enter the password and six-digit code (generated by Secure ID) in the respective fields on the next popup displayed on Protonmail screen. Next click Submit button.
6. Click Download button to download the backup codes. Finally click Done button.
Congratulations! Secure ID is now ready to use for Two Factor Authentication for Protonmail.