And you get full audit trail on access. Plus setup rules based access-control – on contexts like location, IP and many other factors, even last few transactions – “stop access to the user, if ‘hosts’ file changed & email /sms to all “admins”.
Install our SecureID SSH-2FA (two factor authentication) module, and seconds later enjoy super-security and ease of 2FA authentication for everyone. And yes no passwords but biometric. Backward support for RSA keys of-course.
- Enable 2FA for existing server users. In fact MFA. And SSO.
- Require them to use biometric and not set ‘lousy’, ‘weak’ passwords, coz frankly who are we kidding? Most admin users “retain” passwords & that too for long terms ! Why? So that passwords are “pre-shared” with other Admins, rather than regularly updated & complex passwords, that need to be “managed”, “re-shared” in a secure way ! Total disaster, if you ask us from our decades of experience with Developing Solutions & Managing dev, test, stage, production servers, between Developers, Testers, and Administrators during all stages of projects.
- Add as many SSH-server users, easily, directly from SecureID admin web based panel or the mobile application. You WILL need administrator rights for this ?
- Another almost “magical” feature (and so very needed) – Add a temporary user to SSH access, and for only (say) 20 minutes? Think a support engineer on a ticket for a client controlled SSH? And the client can approve it, in real-time, with eSignature, so its perfectly legally-binding if you want). All within SecureID. Also, pls dont hesitate to reach out, in case you need a whole workflow, integrated just to scale your specific “technical support” operations with rules around – Who can access What or When or for how long ?
- Of-course Full Audit Trail about access.
- Additional rules for Fraud prevention, and monitoring with ‘watch’ & ‘alerting’ for potentially dangerous scenarios like ‘sudo’ , configuration changes et al.
Now if you are a PaaS / IaaS service provider – You can imagine the power this will bring, and Responsibility (& security) is taken care of already by SecureID. So yes you can smile and we promise you will be delighted.
Don’t worry – Fallback compatibility with RSA keys is still supported. But SecureID is Super-Secure and protected against phishing, MITM attacks. All this is ultra-fast installation and minor configurations, takes a few minutes.
The SecureID SSH-2FA (built around SSHd & PAM) in real time evaluates if authentication is valid. We can introduce a long range of virtually limitless factors or rules that can prevent fraud and even trigger interesting contextual “alarms” & monitoring avenues, from live events analytics and ML.
MFA hardens security around sensitive data, thwarting illicit attempts at privileged-account access.
Admins can proactively monitor and centrally control access to privileged credentials, on prem or in the cloud.
Secure access control
Secure access control via SSO reduces identity sprawl and password management risk and securely provide direct access to critical assets.
Flexibility for admins
Customizable user experience and access flexibility lets admins provide intelligent, contextual access.
Both mobile app + Unix/ Linux Installer
Secure SSH access with 2FA, MFA
How to Setup SSH-2FA ?
SecureID by Disruptive Applications AB
We’ve been working with customers with Security needs for 2 decades. Plus we provide creative Consumer & Enterprise Products & Services for Digital transformation through Software and some hardware Innovation. This has given us a fortunate expertise & perspective – “No user should accept a solution that makes them adjust their requirements & scenarios; Instead real needs & nuances must drive Innovation to match fine-grained scenarios”. We built SecureID first & foremost for our needs and our journey of securing access to every digital interaction in our business and personal life (Computers, devices, apps, networks, you name it). The DNA of SecureID is inherently Security & Privacy and employs Top-of-the-line, breeding edge security Encryption & all other privacy principles.