How to enable 2FA for WordPress?
Install Secure ID
Secure ID enables you to have a single mobile app for all your 2FA accounts and you can sync them across multiple devices. Install Secure ID on your device by searching for it in your device’s app store .
Locate 2FA Setting in WordPress
1. Login to WordPress and click User profile icon.
2. Now click the option Security displayed on left hand side.
3. Next click Two Step Authentications and then Get Started button.
4. Enter the phone number on WordPress page and click Verify via App button. After pressing the button QR code screen is displayed.
5. Launch Secure ID app on your device. Click ‘+‘ icon and scan the QR code displayed on WordPress screen.
After scanning the QR code WordPress logo is displayed and six-digit security code is generated by Secure ID app.
6. Enter the code (generated by Secure ID) in text field displayed below QR code on WordPress screen. Then click “Enable” button.
Generate Recovery Codes on WordPress
7. Copy the backup codes displayed. Backup codes let you access your account if your phone is lost or stolen. After copying the codes check the checkbox I have printed or saved these codes and click All Finished button.
Congratulations! Secure ID is now ready to use for Two Factor Authentication for WordPress.